As Sugarcreek’s newest Trustee taking office January of 2016, I am honored to have the opportunity to serve our community.
I have called Sugarcreek Township my home for the last 14 years. There is no place that I would rather live! While earning my B.S. in Engineering at Ohio State University, I worked at United Parcel Service in their Industrial Engineering department. Upon graduation I was commissioned into the Air Force and stationed at Wright-Patterson and Randolph AFBs. I led Manpower Engineering teams doing process improvement studies throughout the US and Europe and also worked in Protocol supporting four General Officers. I separated honorably to focus on raising our two children Cayla (now age 19) and CJ (now age 17). Our children have attended Sugarcreek-Bellbrook Schools since kindergarten. Cayla graduated last year and is at college studying nursing and CJ is a junior at BHS. Since moving here with Chuck, my husband of over 25 years, I have been actively involved in our community supporting our schools, sporting teams, marching band, church, and youth activities like Scouting (both as a Boy & Girl Scout Leader supporting our son as he earned his Eagle and Triple Crown Awards and our daughter as she earned her prestigious Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards). For several years I have worked as the Greene County Commissioner-appointed specialist for the Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Family Resource Center providing food, clothing, and services for over 110 low-income families in our area. I operate our community Food Pantry, several youth programs, am an active member of the local Chamber of Commerce and Ministerial Associations. As you can see, I have a proven history of being highly involved and am thrilled to be able to direct my energy toward the betterment of our community.
Some issues that I believe are important that will be receiving my attention include:
- Utilizing smart growth to increase township revenue, minimizing taxes, and avoiding future annexations
- Reaching a positive resolution with the City of Centerville and Oberer concerning the Cornerstone Development and needed Fire Support
- Attracting high quality businesses as community partners and planning zoning to manage growth
- Promoting land on the Clyo Road Extension for sustainable commercial development, relieving the tax burden for residents
- Increasing property values by supporting our Excellent Schools, Rural Character, and Outstanding Services
- Supporting our Township’s public servants who serve as Police, Fire, EMS, Township and Roads and Services employees. I believe we need to take care of the people who dedicate themselves to taking care of us.
- Expanding our ‘Safe Routes to School’ Walk/Bike Path
- Controlling development to preserve our Open Green Space maintaining Scenic Areas that preserve our quality of life
- Preserving our natural resources such as the Little Miami River by serving as a member of the Water/Wastewater Advisory Committee for Greene County
- Being openly accountable in business actions as well as fiscal decisions
As a proponent of open and honest communication, I invite you to attend our Township Meetings on the 1st and 3rd Monday’s of each month at 7pm. You may also contact me at 937-776-6954 if you have any questions or concerns you feel need my attention. Thank you for helping me to preserve the rich tradition that makes Sugarcreek Township a wonderful place to live and work. I look forward to working for you!