My name is Marvin Moeller. It is an honor to serve you once again as a Sugarcreek Township Trustee. I have lived in Sugarcreek Township all my life. Growing up on a farm I have seen our Township grow from the small little farming community we once were, to the community we are now. I first got involved with our Township when I was 18 years old. I graduated from Bellbrook High School and the Greene County Career Center where I received my certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. I was a Firefighter/Paramedic for what was then the Sugarcreek /Bellbrook Fire Department. I gave many hours to our community serving and protecting. I became a Full Time Firefighter/Paramedic in 1979 with Beavercreek Township Fire Department and then went to the City of Miamisburg to finish out my full-time career, or so I thought. After I retired, I went back working full time for Spring Valley Fire Department as Fire Chief and worked another 7 years.
While I was working full time for Beavercreek Township and City of Miamisburg, I still was Volunteering for Sugarcreek/Bellbrook Fire Department. When a political separation happened between Sugarcreek and Bellbrook, I was appointed by the Board of Trustees to recruit and be the first Fire Chief for Sugarcreek Township, working part-time. Now our Fire Department is the 4th largest in Greene County.
I have been married to my wife, Marlene, (she is a former Township Clerk for 8 years) for over 43 years and we have 2 wonderful children, (Charles and Stacy, both who graduated from Bellbrook) and 5 grandsons. I eared my degree in Public Administration and have many other certificates and certifications through the State of Ohio and the National Fire Protection Association (N.F.P.A). During this time, I also farmed. At one point I was farming close to 250 acers and retired, after 50 years, from grain farming about 3 years ago. I still raise beef cattle and help other local farmers.
As a Citizen, I was involved with Sugarcreek Township, helping to write the first Comprehensive Land Use Plan. As a Trustee, I help rewrite zoning regulations. Also serving as a Sugarcreek Trustee in the past, for 8 years.
As you can see my wife and I have both been actively involved in the community from our political times. We were both head chaperone for our Bellbrook Marching Eagles for 4 years and volunteering for the Chamber of Commerce along with many other organizations that needed our help.
It is a privilege and an honor to be able to serve again as a Sugarcreek Township Trustee.
There are issues that I believe we need to keep working on and supporting:
- Supporting our Public Safety Forces, Fire, Police and our Service Department.
- Using smart growth to increase our Township revenue without raising taxes. I want to keep them down because I am on a fixed income like others in our Township.
- Keep the rural look of our community.
- Let citizens know about the past history of our Township, because you can’t move forwards if you don’t understand the past.
- Expanding our “Safe Routes to School” for walking and biking and assure they are used by everyone to have a safe place to walk or bike.
- Need to bring good quality business into our community.
- Need to keep our high standards for zoning in place and help control the growth in our Township so it is reasonable and of great quality.
- Keeping the Township open and have honest communications and an open government. As citizens, you are the bosses and as Trustees, we serve you, not the other way around.
- Help preserve all our natural resources like the Little Miami River Corridor and work to have great parks and recreation areas for our families to enjoy.
- Find ways to get more citizen involvement in our Township and better ways of communicating with the citizens.
Our Trustee meetings are on the first and third Mondays, every month, starting at 7 PM in the Township offices located at 2090 Ferry Road and are open to the public. Please get involved and help our township thrive.
If at any time you have a question comment or need something concerning Township business, please contact me at 937-271-5534 or via email.